Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10 Week update!

With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)

We've made it to week 10!! This past week saw the return of morning sickness and something new: insatiable appetite! I'm seriously eating anything I can get my hands on...which is probably why my nice work pants don't button anymore! I've started wearing my Bella Band underneath my shirts just to keep my pants closed. While it's nice to know my body is getting ready for the long haul, I'm having a hard time liking what I see in the mirror. Maybe I'll feel differently when my coworkers can stop thinking "Is she, or isn't she?" and start thinking "Yep! That's a definite baby bump!"

In other news, my AP Euro class is gearing up for the exam on May 8th. We're done with the French Revolution and moving into the 19th century reforms. Viva la spring break! Only 1.5 weeks until that! In addition to teaching the future of our country at an ever increasing (and ever erratic) speed, I've also got to start working on the spring Powder-Puff game and SGA elections. It's a crazy life I lead, but such a fulfilling one :)

Funny pregnancy hormone moment of the week: You know that video clip of the two friends in the 70's that adopt the lion club? They then turn it loose in the wild, to come back a year later and see if it remembers them. As it approaches them, it begins to run into their arms - pawing and licking them like no time had even passed. (All the while, Whitney Houston's "I will always love youuuuuu" playing in the background). Yep. I ended up spending a good half hour of my planning block bawling over that stupid clip.

And I've actually seen it at least a dozen times before.

Word to the wise - avoid saying anything sarcastic, sweet, depressing, or otherwise filled with emotion when I am within 100 feet. At least for the next couple of weeks. Matt learned this the hard way.

Only 2 weeks until we get to see Gummybear again!

No comments: