Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gummybear - coming soon!

Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!


I've held back from making this announcement for fear that something would go wrong and I would have to "untell". Somehow the loss of a baby-even an unborn baby you've never met before- has a way of making you more cautious. More cautious about believing this time will turn out better. More cautious about getting excited. After the loss of our baby last September, I found out what it's like to entirely LOVE and MISS someone you've never even met. And although I'll never forget our first baby, it is time to stop grieving "what might have been" and allow our family to CELEBRATE "what WILL be"!



It's time for me put away caution and give myself over entirely to the truth: the truth that we ARE expecting and there WILL be a baby for me to hold in October! And we are so excited!!



No comments: