Friday, June 26, 2009

23 Week update

From Pregnancy.com:
If your baby were born this week there is a small chance your baby would survive, however it is best that your baby stay put for a number of weeks! Many women start to wonder what might happen if their baby is born prematurely. A baby born between 23 and 24 weeks would have a 10 to 70 percent chance of survival. It truly depends on a number of factors that have to be taken into consideration.

Every day your baby stays in the womb increases their survival rate approximately 3 percent during weeks 23 and 26.
Generally after 26 weeks the survival rate jumps to 80-90%.


How far along? 23weeks and 1 day!
Total weight gain/loss: 11 lbs gained (17 total, if I include the 6 I lost and made up due to morning sickness)
Maternity clothes? I heart my bump!
Sleep: Having a hard time staying asleep :(
Best moment this week: Being told GB is doing just great!
Movement: She has quiet days and not-so-quiet days. She usually hiccups for a while right after lunch!
Food cravings: Chocolate milk (still) and peanut butter with bananas. Salt and Vinegar chips (which I never ate before pregnancy!)
Gender: Sugar and spice and everything nice!
Labor Signs: Some braxton hicks contractions
Belly Button in or out? In - but it pops out if I cough or sneeze!
What I miss: jogging :( I still go for walks with Ginger, but it's really too hot to stay out longer than about 30 minutes - and no running for me
What I am looking forward to: Painting GB's room tomorrow and setting up her crib!!

No comments: