Thursday, September 10, 2009

Abigail Update: Day 16

I'm so tired, so I'll make this short and sweet!

::Drum Roll::

Current Weight: 3lbs 2.7oz

We've hit three pounds!!!!!!!

Today was a good day - I got to hold Abigail for 4 hours and even gave her a bath all on my own! She wasn't too happy about that part. The nurses are letting me take over parts of her care - for example, I now take her temp and change her diaper whenever I'm there. Finally starting to feel like a mama! I've found that even doing these little things for her helps keep the blues away. They seem to creep back up during long car rides home, though...

Now off to bed!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay Abigail! Does she have to hit a certain weight to come home? Or does it mostly depend on feeding and growth?

Mrs. S said...

It all depends on how well she does with bottle feeding and if she stops having bradys (random slow heartrates) and apneas (randomly stopping breathing for a short time).

I know they do not send babies home before 4lbs.

allycat said...

lucas did the stop breathing thing for a sec right after he was first born, and the nurses had just left us alone with him. i about had a heart attack! i thought he had died! but the nurse assured me that it happens and that he was fine and he didn't do it again after that first time which i;m so glad of 'cause it was soooo scary!

i can't wait to meet little abigail. we are all rooting for her!!