Monday, September 21, 2009

Nearing 4lbs!

A quick update before I head over to the nicu:

Yesterday Abigail weighed 3lbs 11.2oz and took 27ml of her 38ml feeding from a bottle! I think she was trying to show off since her daddy was the one feeding her. She always falls asleep with me during her bottles, but she stayed wide awake for him yesterday! I'm wondering if maybe she can get the whole bottle down today!
She has been keeping her temperature up while in the open crib, and latest ultrasound shows that the infammation of her left kidney has resolved itself (although the right kidney is still inflamed). I'm hoping that maybe it will resolve itself as well in the coming weeks.

I've started washing Abigail's clothes and blankets in preparation of her coming home in a few weeks. My goodness - this little girl has so many clothes! It's funny that the preemie clothes are STILL too big on her, but that means that she'll get to wear those and her newborn clothes for a few months. We've also rearranged our bedroom to accomodate her bassinet since she'll be sleeping with us for a while.

And now I'm off to snuggle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is great to hear! :) I love reading the updates. I don't want to disturb you during this time, but know we're thinking of you and your little family! :) Love you! Jess