Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Can you hear me now??

I've decided that Tuesdays will now become my belly picture/update day!

How far along? 11 weeks, 5 days!!!
Total weight gain/loss: 0 (I'm actually quite proud of myself!)
Maternity clothes? Just pants, really. I'm starting to wear some bigger shirts. I bought a new bra Monday!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I'm sleeping like the DEAD! Although I have to get up about 3 times a night to pee. When I finally drag myself out of bed, I have that woozy, nyquil hangover feeling.
Best moment this week: I have TWO!!
1) Hearing Gummybear swooshing around and moving with the fetal doppler. That baby can GO!
2)Meeting with Kris and J while they were in town and praying together over GB's big ultrasound on Friday. I have awesome friends :)
Movement: Still can't feel it, but my goodness it's there!
Food cravings: Ice cream, green beans, pepperoni
Gender: Had a dream it was a girl...lizard....
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In...of course...
What I miss: Strawberry daqueris at La Parilla and Blue cheese
What I am looking forward to: Our NT ultrasound on Friday! Matt has the day off!!!
Weekly Wisdom: If you can't hear the heartbeat on the doppler after 5 minutes, walk away. Then try again later. But do not stress about it!
Milestones: Heard the heartbeat:)

Mom and Dad bought me a fetal heart doppler for my birthday and it came in this past weekend. I haven't gotten very good at it yet - the heartrates I get range anywhere from 125-180 - but hopefully as GB grows, i'll be able to get something consistent. It's the sweetest little sound ever :)

I had a dream last week that I woke up with a baby bump. Then, I reached into my belly button and pulled out one of those hamster-balls...with a tiny blue lizard inside! I set the ball down on the ground to let the lizard run around - then I kept telling people "That's my baby!" WEIRD.

I'm on spring break this week, and although I meant to bring home tons of papers to grade, playing on the internet is infinitely more entertaining. I hope this cold weather goes away soon so I can spend some time outside!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hmm...does "blue" lizard mean you're thinking it may be a boy? Hilarious dream :P