Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday morning update

Hanging out in the hospital room and waiting for the dr to come in and let us know the plan. Last night my platelets went up a bit . They've been fluxuating between 118,000 and 91,000. Normal platelet range in pregnancy is above 140,000. Under 80,000 is where major danger lies and when I may not be able to clot.

However, my nurse just came in to let me know the platelets fell again by about 13,000 overnight - leaving me at 105,000. Not too dangerous, but not a good trend. So we wait to hear the dr's newest plan. He should be in here within a few hours, but you know how hospitals can get on Saturdays in labor and delivery!

Matt's here with me and basically we've been killing the time with snoozing and talking and playing on the internet. I am on strict bedrest, although I can get up to go to the bathroom (yay! No more catheter!!) and Thursday night they took me off the magnesium. I was on the mag to stave off the possibility of seizures while my blood pressure was so high. The mag made me feel AWFUL, so I'm so glad to be off of that.

I'm trying to stay positive - hoping that we'll be able to keep her inside for another couple of weeks or even days. Right now every day is a huge milestone and means less time in the
NICU.

I'm also a little down today because I'm missing my baby shower this afternoon :( Funny how this happened right before it. I hope everyone has a good time and takes lots of pictures. Kat and Ms. Nancy have put so much time and thought into it, and I really am so thankful.

I'll update with the dr's news as soon as he decides to stop by.
Please conitinue to keep me and baby Abigail in your prayers!

Jen

No comments: