Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday evening update

So we're still waiting to find out where we go from here. Today's platelets were lower (95,000) but the Dr. said that while the pattern holds, we will wait it out. She anticipates the need to induce labor in the next few days, but we're not sure of exactly when. It just all depends on my numbers day to day. Right now I'm having an issue with my blood pressure again, so that may end up being the reason to get her out here at 31.5 weeks

The NICU nurse came to talk to us about Abigail's stay in their nursery. It looks like she will probably be here from birth until 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe longer. As you can guess, we're pretty upset about this. I never dreamed I'd have to go home empty handed for a time after having a baby- or that I may not get to see her right after delivery. It's all a bit overwhelming.

So the good news is that we've bought Abigail another day to grow in utero. The bad news is that we're literally in a very tense holding pattern daily. I'll update as I can - thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. It really does mean so much.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry! I'm glad Abigail got another day to grow, though. How are you feeling physically? You're probably way too overwhelmed, but have you had a chance to look at any of your shower gifts? Maybe if Abigail sticks it out in utero a few more days you or Matt could read her some of the books she got. Keep us updated...i've been checking your blog every few hours because i've been worried about y'all. :)