Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Lunchtime update

So Monday we thought that everything was still at the wait and see stage. So I (Matt) went to work. It was later than normal as I tried to wait for the doctors to come in to see us. I have this uncanny ability to make a doctor show up, all I have to do is leave the hospital. I get a call from Jennifer a short time after the doctors came by, and the basic prognosis was that we needed to be induced. That meant I left for the hospital right away to wait. Monday evening we got moved over into Labor and Delivery areas. Bigger room more pillows and more blankets, over all better room.

Before we moved we spoke with three doctors. Apparently if you give the doctors the impression that you did not understand the prognosis loads of them come by to talk to you. The doctor in charge of the neonatal unit was very nice. He has been helping baby's for 30 years ish. He made us feel more comfortable with the decision to go ahead and induce.

Jennifer was given cervadil (sp) to get her ready for the pitocin which is what really induces the labor. They have her on a low dosage of the medicine, they don't want her to go strait into labor. So we are easing her into this. The nurses have told us that the baby could be born as late as three days from now! Holy crap I hope Jennifer does not have to be in labor that long.

So now we have a new waiting game. Wait for Jennifer's body to be ready for labor. :) More updates to follow.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

Jon and I recently discovered the GB blog. So sorry you both (I guess, all three of you, really) are going through this. We're very concerned. Jon wants to call, but doesn't want to be a bother. When's a good day/time to reach you?

Kristina
mineark@gmail.com